Wednesday, August 5, 2020

End of an Era...And New Beginnings.


Today, I walked into Foundry to clean out my class room after 10 years of teaching preschool and PreK. When I looked at the calendar hanging on my wall,  the last date was March 15th.  The day before we expected to return.  The day our whole world changed.  This decision was NOT easy.  At all.  It was, in fact,  actually one of the toughest decisions I've had to make in my adult life.  Anyone who knows me,  knows how much I love teaching and Foundry.  Many times it was an escape from my chaotic life.  Let me tell you how these 3 and 4 year olds can make you smile.  
July was a tough month for us as a family.  And with all the uncertainties of this crazy world, Zak and I decided that it would be best if I was home and 100% available for the boys.  While we plan on sending the boys back, we don't know what that will look like. We don't know what might happen.  What might change. And, the uncertainty of it all is scary. 
My heart is broken and a piece of me will be missing but with each crazy passing day, I know we made the right decision for our family.  
And, when the time is right, I hope to return.  




Meanwhile, Ive been trying to prepare for the upcoming year.  New supplies, new masks, new lunch boxes, and a clear backpack for Colt.  
Whatever we end up doing, we're going in with a great attitude and some new stuff! 



Photobucket

No comments: