Thursday, December 31, 2020

One year ago...My how much has changed!



It’s been 1 year today since  we moved my mom into a memory care facility. The last 9 months have been full of many challenges. Today, for the first time since March 15th, I was able to visit my mom, in her room (with a negative Covid test
-in full PPE). The last 9 months have taken an irreversible toll on her and not being able to be with her through much of it has taken a toll on everyone who loves her the most. She is the strongest woman I know. She’s fought through so much in her life with so much grace. Today was quiet. She talked a little.  She asked where the boys were and she told me she loved me a couple times. Otherwise, we just sat together. I told her about everything going on and when it was quiet, I prayed over and over for her comfort, health and safety. 
We’re going to get through this. We have to.

Photobucket

No comments: