Sunday, April 5, 2020

Week #3

 Week Three...
Well, there's been a lot of staying at home.  As the weeks pass we are all struggling with what to do with our time.  We spend a lot of time outside, going on walks, and electronics.  Oh and school.  Dreaded homeschool. 
Zak had to go into work to help out a couple times early in the week. The boys have been working out.  We had picnics outside and even dinner in the driveway one night.  We did school work, cleaned and relaxed.  The boys love jumping on the trampoline, playing water guns, and playing Fort Nite with their friends.  One afternoon they even played Fort Nite out back with Nerf Guns.  We went fishing just as it started to rain one evening and Zak and the boys played PIG in the drive way.  


 Tuesday, it was announced that school would be cancelled Through May 4th. Moms all around the Texas gasped and cried.  
This homeschooling is no joke. Monday was completely overwhelming and a total $h*# Show.  
By Thursday, we had it down pretty well with a pile of completed work for the week. 


On Wednesday, mom had to go in for her 8 week infusion.  It was nerve wrecking to say the least but her and dad made it through. And, dad got to spend some time with mom.  We drove over to her home to see her walk in.  But this point she was tired and confused but it was so great to see her! 

April Fools was on Thursday and everyone joked that it should be cancelled.  I saw a few jokes out there.  This one was the best.  


And something that kept us laughing...







 Let's talk grocery shopping.  To begin with, I AM NOT A GOOD SHOPPER.  I impulse buy, I over stock, I plan but I still go shopping 3-4 times a week.  
I've been shopping once a week for the past three weeks and its overwhelming.  TOTALLY OVERWHELMING! Last week I went and it was good.  Not too crowded, people keeping distance. Not too bad.  
This week.  OMG.  
Packed, people talking on phones, people chatting in the isles, people squeezing by you.  
A. Mess.  
Also, this was Friday.  After 3 hours of shopping, loading up and loading groceries, wiping down and disinfecting every single item and getting things put away.  This is what is left  of $325 worth of groceries to sit in the garage for a few days.  Because honestly, I don't know what is best.  Should we be this careful? I don't know.  
This morning I put in a pick up order at HEB.  I'm going to grab stuff I know we will need.  Then, once a week, try to go only for meat, produce, and things I can't add to my list.  
Eventually I'd like to do it all online.  


I saw this posted on Facebook during the week.  It hurts my heart.  With each passing day it seems that the chances of going back this year diminishes. We also got word that the remainder of Colts first season with Ironmen has officially been cancelled.  

Dear 5th grade Class of 2020,
You might not be a high school senior, but this was a big year. We know how much you were looking forward to your Fifth Grade Party, your last Field Day, your Fifth Grade Walk (getting hugs and high fives from your former teachers as you walk the halls one last time), getting your yearbook, spending the last few months with your elementary school teachers and classmates, and your big end of the year celebration.
We want you to know that no matter what, we are always proud of you and all your accomplishments! 


Saturday night we tried something I've been worried about doing and we ORDERED food! 
 It was glorious! 
Chick Fil A and Torcheys. 

 And this is how "Saturday Night In" looks under quarantine.  
Girls Wine Night and the guys Celebrating Docs 40th! 

 Perfect way to end the week..Snuggles with my favorites!
I have to be honest, the past three weeks have brought many laughs and some memories that I think we will all remember for a life time.  It's also brought some fights, anxiety, arguments, blow ups that I'd never like to relive.  
Everyones on edge.  Everyones worried. Everyone is stressed. 
Even my boys. 
We have to remember this will pass (although I think life will look different after this) and we will move on from this.  We have to try to make the best of it all. 
Photobucket

No comments: