Sunday, April 19, 2020

Week #5

Week 5 started off with Easter.  
Easter looked different than it ever has before but we really had a great day.  We even saw the Grands.  We just missed Nanny-Goodness we miss her!!!!!






UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!
Rainbow Bouncey Eggs turned out fun and mom and dad were sure glad to have the vinegar off the kitchen counter! 

They didn't last too long.  They bounced a bit but Colt started to get brave and dropped them from further and further.  They liked playing with the yolk as much as anything else.  

It was a bit messy!




We had a fun, but trying time this week.  Homeschool had some tough days and some good days.  We're all trying to get in the swing of it.  It's tough all around  What I'm struggling with most is expectation.  What should they be able to do on their own? What might they really need help with?  Although it's tough, and it's not what any of us signed up for, we're making it through!!!! We actually had some really nice cool weather this week.  The boys played outside lots, we they made LOTS of forts, we made our rainbow eggs and and moon dough and painted rocks. They even did a quarantine magic trick! They both had their first Zoom speech class with Mrs. Garza. Pretty cool what were able to do these days! We had breakfast for dinner one night which is a treat for the boys and one of their favorites and ordered in from Local Table Friday.  It was delicious.  I even tried my first HEB pick up.  I zoomed with my Foundry coworkers and my 5th grade momma friends. We celebrated PawPaws 70th birthday and even saw Pa.  We even got in a few chats with Grandad and a few FaceTimes with Liam.  Zak is working his tail off.  I always knew he was a hard worker but I've got to see him in action over the last weeks.  He works from 8-5 and DOES NOT STOP.   
I think we're getting the hang of this quarantine.  

Happy Happy Birthday PAWPAW! 
We had such a nice time sitting and celebrating you today with cookies from Half Baked.  It's not what the kids had planned for you but it sure was memorable! 


 During the week local residents crowded a local hospitals parking lot to thank them.  Pretty neat to see! 

 In the coming week. Texas has plans to start opening up slowly.  I just pray it doesn't happen too fast.   I know people think we've been too cautious over the last month but I believe it's saved lives.  Our death rate is MUCH lower than expected. 
Is it media hype or truth? I don't know but I'd rather not find out its truth. 

And, we knew it was coming but prayed it wouldn't.  School was cancelled for the remainder of the year.  It hurts my heart for so many reasons.  




Photobucket

No comments: