Sunday, April 12, 2020

Week #4

Week 4
Week 4 and not much has changed around here...it started with a Zoom friend meeting for the boys.  They have played outside, swam in the pool, the boys watched too much youtube and played too much Fortnite. We did our first drive by Birthday to celebrate Lito and it was so much fun! We had a picnic outside for lunch and played out front a lot in the evenings.  We had more nights with the neighbors and on Saturday, before the rain,  we all stayed in our driveway but some neighbors shared some Crawfish with us.  It was quite a treat.  Friday night, after a morning of shopping- goodness that's quiet a feat, we ordered burgers from Andy's Kitchen. It was really good and felt so good to not cook! Don't even get me started on how much work it is to wipe down and wash everything you bring home. I've never been nervous to go to the grocery store.  But I am.  It overwhelming.  I wore a mask this week shopping.  It's very sad walking into the store  and seeing where we are.  Most people are wearing gloves and masks.  It's like something out of a SciFi movie.    Zak worked his bootie off at work (at home) and I got to Zoom with my sweet Dinosaur class.  It was a bit chaotic talking to 13 3-4 year olds but goodness, I miss them.  We picked up the packet at Robison to try to do "homeschool" a little bit different. It was good.  The boys took turns doing their best.  Colt is pretty independent but Chase has some newer material he needs more guidance on.  Let me tell you, it's tough.  I miss teaching preschool!!!!!!! Chase pulled out his tooth this week.  Thank goodness the ToothFairy is essential! We mad bouncy rainbow eggs and should see how they turn out next week.  Stay tuned! We didn't see Liam but Grandad did.  I know he loved it.  We miss him. 

I know that was a mumble jumble but I'm tired.







What I've realized this week...  This staying home thing really isn't so bad! The introvert in me actually loves it.  I miss so much about normal life but I do love the slower pace of life we are living right now.  I love having everyone home, under one roof. Sure we fight  and get annoyed with one another but I really love it.  I am so grateful we are healthy and Zak still has his job. I know everyone is not so fortunate.  
Photobucket

No comments: