Sunday, January 15, 2012

GRAAAAVE DIIIIIGER

 
Last night was a night we've been waiting quite some time for.  Monster Jam was in Houston and we had tickets to see, "Graaaaaave Diiiiger!"
Unfortunatley the day got off to a bit of a bad start.  Colt woke up with a 103.2 fever and was not feeling well.  We got him straight into the Dr. and we found out it was a virus and there wasn't much we could do about it but let it run its course.  Daddy and I were devastated.  We didn't think there was any way we could make it.  We got home, had donut holes for breakfast, loaded up on medicine, and rested.  Mid morning he started feeling a bit better and after a 3 and a half hour nap he woke up fever free and ready to go see Graaaave Diiiiger!!!
Pa, Gaga and PawPaw came over to watch Chase and we were on our way!


 Colt  insisted on wearing Zak's ear muffs as soon as we pulled into the parking lot.
I love this picture.  Look at those CHEEKS!


 Popcorn for dinner.  Why not!?!?!?
 There he is, GRAAAAAVE DIIIIGER!
 Can you tell who Colton's favorite is?
 Here is El Toro Loco.  He flipped and lost one of his horns.  The driver climbed up in the stands and gave the horn to a little boy.  Very cool.
 Ready to see GRAVVVVE DIIIIGER again!
 Grrrrrrave Diiiger came out for his free style and his wheel fell off.  OOOOPS!
 We had the greatest night!  Colton did so great.  He sat and watched the entire event. About 15 minutes before it was over he told us he was ready to go but GRRRRAVE DIIIIIGER hadn't gone yet so we waited for him to go before leaving.
 As we were leaving Zak asked me if I ever thought I'd have so much fun at Monster Jam. No!  I never thought this would be on the top of my list as one of the best nights out, ever. But, there is absolutely nothing better than seeing my children happy.  NOTHING. I'm a boy momma and proud of it.  I cant wait for all the boy stuff in our future.  I'll enjoy every second of it as long as my boys are enjoy it.
 Colt fell asleep in the car on the way home but woke up when we pulled into the neighborhood.  When he woke up he said "Mommy and Daddy, I miss Chase."  (AW melt my heart!) He had talked about Chase being with us all night and he just wanted to see his little brother.  I can't wait until we can take Chase too.
 
Photobucket


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he felt good enough to go!

AmazingGreis said...

I'm so glad that y'all were able to go! What a fun night!