Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day Jitters

 

 
 For as long as I can remember I've stressed out about this day.  
The day I would send my baby to "big kid school".  As time got closer, Colt got more and more excited and I got a little less nervous. 
Before we knew it the big day was upon us.  We got up way too early and made Colt way too much breakfast and, I took way too many pictures.  
It ended up being one of the best mornings.  Definitely made many memories I'll never forget and hopefully Colt won't either.   We were ready to go super early but it worked out because both sets of grandparents came over to see Colt off.  Zak and I had plans to put Colt on the bus and follow him to school and then walk with him to class.  The night before, I talked to him about it and he said " I wanna be like Noah, I wanna go by myself." His confidence made me proud.  But, Zak wasnt't having it.  He really wanted to go in with Colton.  So, the morning of his first day I asked if  Dad and I could go in and he said it would be ok.  I think he knew how much we wanted to go.  I was nervous about getting up there and being in the way but it absolutely could not have worked out better.  We pulled up and parked right across from the bus.  Colt got off with Addy and we watched as the two of them walked to class.  We went into class and snapped a few pictures and headed out.  As we walked out I saw the first bit of neourvousness in Colts eyes but I knew he was going to be ok.  
And, he was.  He came home with few details but excited about school and ready to go back! 





















 I don't love being away from him all day long but this is the next phase of many and if it goes anything like the first day, he's gonna rock it! 
I'm so proud of him!

Zaks first day and Colts first day!


Photobucket

No comments: