Monday, April 25, 2016

April 2016 Floods

Monday morning, I was woken up by heavy winds and rain.  I rolled over and Zak said school was cancelled.  I had no idea what was going on.  I knew it was going to rain but I didn't know what had happened to make school be cancelled.
We turned on the news and we saw that Cypress had been getting pounded by rain for a couple hours.  Roads were flooding and everyone was told to stay home.  We did just that and it was a mess out there.
Monday night, we were able to get out of the house and go visit PawPaw to celebrate his birthday but many many areas were under water.  Driving down 99 believe my eyes.
 Tuesday morning the rain water had no where to go and stared flooding areas that had never flooded before.  Everything in Cypress was under water.  We were our own little island.  Zak left for work at 7:15 only to return at 9, 35 miles later with no way to get to his work, 6 miles away.  
Things were a mess.
Houses, cars, roads and schools were flooded.  
It was awful.
Thankfully, we didn't get any flooding but it was hard to get places.  
For the remainder of the week, school would be canceled.  
My heart hurts for everyone who lost something or someone in the rain and floods.  It was like nothing I've ever seen.  
The silver lining in it all.  I got an extra week at home with my boys.  We stayed in PJs, we relaxed and we hung out.  We also were able to spend a little extra time with Bob and Clair which was so nice.  
Everywhere around us is still recovering a week after the storm hit.  
They say Hwy 6 at Clay will be under water for 4-6 weeks.  
Here are a few pictures I took while we were out. 

Rainfall in a 24 hour period.

 Here are a few pictures I borrowed from friends and online.  

And, I don't know these people but this was at a Jack In The Box just a couple miles away.  
Makes me laugh. 

Photobucket

No comments: