Wednesday, July 8, 2020

4th Of July




Well, 4th of July WAS NOT what it usually is around here.  
AT. ALL.

We knew it was going to be a different 4th for us.  
No hanging out with friends.  No swimming. No neighborhood parade.  No street party.  
We were sad, but we were okay with that.  Covid cases have spiked in the Houston area and we decided we were going to be very careful after people we knew were contracting Covid.  We promised the boys a few fireworks, fajitas on Zak's new grill, swimming in the back yard baby pool and hanging out- just the 4 of us.  We were all okay with it.  We didn't like it but we were okay with it.  

Our day started out well.  Then around 3, my dad got a call from my moms memory care facility that they needed to send her to the hospital for Covid like symptoms.  My whole world came crashing down.  I couldn't even talk to my dad and had to pass my phone over to Zak.  My mom was transported via nonemergency transport to the local hospital.  My dad arrived right after the ambulance.  He wasn't even allowed in the door.  He was turned away and told to call but to wait at least an hour.  About two hours later we got the call that she was positive.  It was one of the most frightening things I've ever been through. This was the WORST CASE SCENARIO.  
And, to know she was alone was heart breaking and gut wrenching.  
Thankfully she was doing well and her chest xray showed clear lungs.  Praise GOD! 
She stayed overnight at the hospital and was released the next day.  While she was in the hospital, no visitors were allowed.   
She was taken back "home" where she's being cared for by trained aids in full PPE in quarantine.  
It's been an awful few days but the good news is that my mom continues to be symptom free.  NO fever, no cough, no issues.  I can't believe we haven't seen her.  My heart is literally aching.  


Photobucket

No comments: