Tuesday, July 22, 2008

ONE MONTH OLD!!!


I knew it would go by fast but WOW! It seems like just yesterday that Zak and I were walking out of Dr. Kirkman's office ready to head to the hospital. The day we, unexpectedly, found out we would be having Colton was one of the most amazing and happy days of my life. The days following have been so special and memorable.

I took Colton to the Dr. on Tuesday and he has gained a good amount of weight. He now weighs 8lb 7 oz (last Tuesday he was 7 lb 10.5 oz). In just a week, I could tell that he was putting on weight. He has very skinny arms and legs but I could see his little cheeks, hands and feet plumping up with each feeding. I am so glad that he is putting on the weight like he needs but at the same time I can see him growing so fast and I already miss the itty bitty baby we had just four weeks ago. I love that he is developing each day as well. Hes started to grab hold of things, watch different movements and focus on certain objects, tries to hold his head up, and most fun; he recognizes mine and Zak's voice very quickly and stops what he is doing to look around and find us. He is also smiling a lot. I don't think he is necessarily smiling at me, I think its gas, but I like to think its me. Either way, it's still fun to see him with that big gummy smile! :)

We have also been out and about quite a bit! We have been to the mall (4 times!), had a Friday night family dinner with Nanny and Grandad, visited the Dr. a couple times, gone to Kellie's house to visit and meet Bella, and today we braved the rain to meet Grandad and Aunt Becky for lunch at Central Market. I have had so much help from my mom, and I am so grateful to her for that, but I am starting to feel comfortable going around on my own with Colton. I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer brings. In August, I will have to go up to school to set up my classroom and I am also going to try to attend a couple of professional development classes before my maternity leave starts on August 18th. I am trying to block my return to work from my mind. I have til November 11th to enjoy every second of being a stay at home mommy!

Here is one of those smiles I was talking about!!!!

I'm Popeye!!!
So sad!!!

***Im not sure why the date at the top of the page says July 22? Colton's one month birthday was on July 24th!

6 comments:

Amazing Greis said...

Happy ONE Month Birthday Colton

Wow, I can't belive how BIG he is getting. I can totally tell a difference from a few weeks ago when I first met the little guy. It's definitely time for another visit and my dad wants to come too.

Glad everything is good and everyone is HEALTHY!!!!

See you soon!

Kellie Staats said...

He's soooo cute!! Thanks for coming over- I miss you!!!!

I'm really going to miss you next year..but you'll be back before I know it!!!!

Tricia said...

ONE MONTH! How did he already get to be one month???

We should get together for lunch one day!

Renner Romig said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe it's been a month already! It just seems like yesterday that we were chatting back & forth on Myspace about having the baby, what to bring, what to expect, etc. Now...Look at you Mommy! You've got it down and are so wonderful with your handsome son!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

What a sweet baby. He looks like his daddy!

Leah J. said...

Doesn't the time just FLY by?! He makes the cutest little faces!