Sunday, November 9, 2008

The time has come...

Well, the time has come, tomorrow is my last day of maternity leave. I am already having a really tough time with it, I can't even imagine how hard Tuesday will be. Colton will be staying with my mom during the day so that makes the transition a little bit easier. He will be with someone we trust, someone who loves him, and someone he is already familiar with. I know he will be in good hands but it still breaks my heart. I feel extremely blessed to have been able to spend 4 1/2 months with him but it just wasn't enough time. I don't want to miss anything! I am trying to go into this with a positive attitude so let the count down begin... 127 work days until SUMMER BREAK!


(That sounds like way too many days...Let's start with 11 days until THANKSGIVING BREAK!)
I have to end with one of my favorite pictures of Colton from the last couple of weeks. :)

6 comments:

Amazing Greis said...

Love the picture! It was good seeing ya'll yesterday. And hope to see ya'll this coming weekend. It's gonna be hard getting back to work, but it will go so FAST. Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Tricia said...

The first couple of days will be hard, I am sure. Just think after Thanksgiving break, there is Christmas, then Spring break....

That is the best picture!

Jude's Mom said...

Good luck going back...I will be in your shoes soon and I, too, am dreading the day of going back to work! Colton is a cutie and is a very lucky boy to have you as a mommy.

Leah J. said...

Cat-
I woke up this morning and you were the first person I thought of! I said a prayer that today was extra special with Colton as you enjoyed your last day of maternity leave. I remember that feeling ... it's tough! But, the fact that your mom is watching him is AMAZING!!! If my mom were here and could watch Casen, I'd probably go back to work :) Your sweet mom will love on Colton and play with him just like you would. I bet she is SOOO excited! This year will just fly by!

~Holly~ said...

I hope everything went well! :)

Sheri said...

How fortunate you are to have your mom to care for him. While it will definitely be difficult to leave him, it must bring you a lot of comfort knowing he is with the next best person after you and your hubby to care for him. What a wonderful oppritunity for him to know your mom on that level.