Thursday, December 16, 2010

A few random things going on...

It's been a while since I've blogged. We've been keeping busy with Christmas right around the corner so I thought Id tell you about a few random things ...

1. I am 16 weeks tomorrow and I am starting to feel a lot better. I have a bad moment here and there but overall am feeling so much more like myself. My appetite is here in full force and I am so so so hungry. The past 15 weeks I've lost about 12 lbs but I'm pretty sure there's no way that's going to stay off for long!
Exciting news...I have felt the baby kick quite a few times now this week. I know for sure its baby, I wouldn't forget that feeling for anything in the world!
We find out in a week and a half what Baby Day will be and we are so excited. We're having trouble choosing names, so we decided that we'd wait 'til we knew exactly what it was to fight that battle. :)
Colton is as excited as a 2 year old can possibly be. Sometimes he'll just look at my belly (which hasn't popped yet) and say "baby" in such a sweet sweet way. He's in love with any and every baby he sees in person or on Tv. I hope it last when he gets his baby brother or sister.


2. We went to Lights in the Heights last weekend after my cousin and uncle got into town from England. My Aunt from Idalou was down as well so we had a big crowd. Colton's cousins joined us as well and we even met up with Gaga and her friend when we got there. Colton LOVED the parade and seeing all the lights. He also enjoyed all of the treats we let him eat while being pulled around in his wagon.

3. Colton is talking so much more each and every day. He still needs mommy and daddy to translate a lot of the time but hes stringing together long sentences and talking about so many things we had no idea he even knew existed. I've been putting together a list of some of the words we have no clue how he comes up with (or are just really cute).
These first words are Christmas words since hes really getting into the Christmas spirit and loving everything Christmas right now...
HoHo- Santa (and snowmen)
Cane-Candy Cane
Lights-Christmas Tree
Baby Jesus-Baby Jesse
Some words he's been using forever...
Gagi- Tractor
Cake-Ice Cream
Pie Cake-Pancake
And, some names we're just not sure how he came up with...
Pa- Aunt Andi
Saz Saz- This is what he calls Landry and Logan when they are not together. If they are together he calls them "The Guys".
He has also started a new game Called "What dat noise, mommy?" and he plays it all day and expects an answer, quickly. I guess this is just the beginnig of all the questions!

4. We just got finished with our first semester at The Foundry. We have enjoyed it so much. Colton has grown so much since he started. He loves his teachers and his friends and when you ask him what he did at school he always says "Payd outside." He had a a hard time transitioning after Thanksgiving so I'm sure after 2 1/2 weeks of Christmas he will have a tough time again. But, it's okay because I know how much he loves it so I know its just a phase.

5. We have started to get Colton's big boy room together. We've looked around for furniture and picked out and purchased some of the bedding. (Thanks to Zak, he gave in on his ideas and let me go with mine since Colton was excited about what I chose.) We've decided to just get him a twin size bed and a dresser. Since we don't have a game room were not putting too much furniture in his room just yet because he needs lots of room to play. We want it to be a fun room he can go into and enjoy with lots and lots of room for all of his toys. Think cars and things that GO...
It's so weird to think of moving him out of his nursery but its time, plus someone else will be needing that crib in just a few months.

We are looking forward to Christmas. Colton is getting into everything and is excited about the "pizes" he will get to open. He loves helping his daddy turn on the Christmas lights each night and eating as many "canes" as we will let him get his hands on.

I'll be sure to post about all of our Christmas fun and I'll be posting right away, after our 9:00 appointment, to let you know if Colton will have a brother or sister. I think it'll be a girl and Zak thinks a boy (although neither of us mind either way, honestly).
What do you think?

4 comments:

Kellie Staats said...

Its a girl. I know it! :)

AmazingGreis said...

I'm hoping it's a girl!! Because O.M.G. shopping for a baby girl is SO.MUCH.FUN!!

Must come see you guys soon!

XOXO

Lauri said...

Thanks for all the fun updates! How exciting that you are feeling the baby and finally feeling better! Now it's time to make up for lost time and eat whatever you want, haha! I can't wait to hear more about the baby, nursery, and of course, Christmas! Have fun!!

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Loved being able to catch up :-) Sounds like things have been pretty busy in your household! Candace is finding out RIGHT NOW what she's having (literally - she's at her doctor's appointment lol) but we will not know until Christmas morning. She wants to surprise us! I'm hoping girl, but like you.. I'll be happy with either one!