Thursday, October 13, 2011

Big Day at "Cool"

Today Colton had a BIG day at "cool".
Foundry hosted a "Wheelie-A-Thon" to raise money for the school. Each class got to go out and ride bikes, scooters, and all kinds of things on wheels.
I was able to sneak outside and get a couple pictures. I think he had a fun time but he was a little overwhelmed by it all. He loved this scooter and has talked about riding it all afternoon. Do you see why he was overwhelmed? There was so much for them to choose from.








The Jersey Village Fire Department also visited Foundry today. The kids got to meet real live fire fighters, see how they get dressed for a fire, walk through an ambulance and most excitingly they got to hold and shoot the fire hose. Colton was so proud he did it all by himself.

As we were leaving the school today Colton was just chatting away about his day. He got very excited and started telling me, "Mommy, the puff made me laugh so hard today." I couldn't quite figure out what he was talking about so I just listened to him laugh and tell me over and over how funny it was. I then realized he was saying puppet not "puff". The fire fighters put on a really neat puppet show and song teaching the kids to Stop. Drop. And, roll. He loved the puppet and just thought it was the neatest thing.


On another funny note. Since we've been home Colton has been calling me Mrs. Day. I saw him on the playground today and I think maybe one of his classmates called me Mrs. Day. Now he's doing it when he wants my attention.


This kid cracks me up!

No comments: