Monday, February 11, 2013

I'd give anything to go back to those years.

 
Last night, I started watching videos of Colton, right before Chase was born.  I forgot how little he was just 20 months ago.  It made me smile but it made me sad. Sad to think how fast this time is going. I love my boys more than anything in the whole world and I appreciate what I have.  I love being at home and at school with them. I wouldn't want to be anywhere with anyone else in this life. My boys (Zak included) are my whole world.  And, I don't take for granted what I have.  I am so lucky! 
So may times I've heard  mommies of older kids say to me, "I'd give anything to go back to those years."  Sometimes it's when the boys are being so sweet and I politely smile and think, "Yeah, I've got it good."  Other times its when someones throwing a fit and I think they are trying to tell me it'll all be okay. Even at those times I don't want to forget how great I have it.
I'm starting to better understand that statement.  I know I'll miss each stage but you don't really understand what you'll miss until its passed.  Watching those videos of Colton last night made me miss that time in his life.  That time that was just 20 short months ago.
Of course, life goes on and babies grow. As my boys grow I just want to appreciate every moment.  It's okay to look back and miss certain stages of their life but I know there are many more stages to enjoy ahead of us. 


 
 




Colton..18 months and 4 1/2
 





 
 
 
 







Chase...20 months and 4 months

 
These boys are my everything! When I think back at all the fun memories we have had it makes me so thankful.  When I think about all we have to come it makes me excited. 
 
 
Photobucket

No comments: