Friday, February 28, 2014

From Crib to Toddler Bed

A couple of weeks ago we decided it was time to convert Chases crib into a toddler bed.  It was something I had been wanting to do but just wasnt ready for and he couldn't have cared less either way.  
As long as I could remember, his whole life, if Chase was laid down in bed awake, he cried.  Hard. Every nap.  Every bedtime. About a month ago, I laid him down and bribed him with a gummy.  "If you lay down and don't cry you can have a gummy in the morning." I expected nothing from this, but guess what, it worked!  Not another tear since. 
So, back to the toddler bed. After he laid in bed without crying and put himself to sleep I decided we could do this.  So, Zak converted the crib and we laid him down with a promise of a sucker (Im NOT above bribing, Im sure youve noticed a trend) if he stayed in bed and didn't cry.  And guess what, he did! He did roll out twice in the night but got himself right back into bed before I even got in there. Since that night, about two weeks ago, he hasn't set foot out of bed without someone going in to get him.  There is still a treat involved but he is doing amazingly well!  Each morning and afternoon he calls for me to get him out and he wakes up so happy and proud!



Photobucket

No comments: