Tuesday, December 29, 2015

"What day is today?"

We have great sleepers. Like really really good sleepers.  Both boys always have been.
Getting into bed, and staying there, that's a different story.  Colt does great now, but for a long time we let him fall asleep every night on the couch and then we moved him to bed because getting him to stay in there at bed time, was a nightmare.  Now, he asks to go to bed! Chase never had any issues.  He never comes out when we lay him down, but lately, he's started calling for us.  And, every night, without fail, we get our hug, knuckles, and kiss just right and then we go over "What day is it?" 'What day is tomorrow?" "What day was yesterday?".  He knows his days of the week.  I don't know whats up with these questions.  But, he's started screaming for us.  And every time, I run into him.  He looks up at me with those big blue eyes and says, "What is today?"  
I try my hardest not to get frustrated because I know one day he'll just go to bed without me.  One day I'll miss these calls because they want to stay up just "one more minute" or see me "one more time".  
Im learning, everything is a phase, and this too shall pass.  One day, I'll look back and smile at this silly boy and his silly questions.  

And, I'll smile when I hear a song on the radio and no one says, "Mom, I like this song.  Tell dad to put it on my iPad and I wanna go see him!"
Or, I take a picture and someone doesn't yell, "Send that to me!"  

These are all things that my silly Chase Man says all day long, everyday! 
Photobucket

No comments: