Monday, January 22, 2018

Baseball Assesments

We are BASEBALL READY...
New shoes, glove, bat, bag...

Saturday, the boys had baseball assessments.  They didn't go as planned.  Zak ended up being out of town so I took the boys.  It started out as a scary morning.  Mom was admitted to the hospital for chest pains. Thankfully it turned out to be a false alarm. With everything going on, Dad was determined to make it out to the fields.  And he did, thank goodness, because things got crazy and hectic.  It was muddy and PACKED out there.  When I went to sign Chase in, he wasn't on the 7U list.  WHAT!?!?!?!  Panic set in.  Colt was signed in with out a hitch (thank goodness).  I went into worry mode.  What had happened???  What did I do wrong??? After some searching and much panic, I found and talked to the commissioner, and we realized Chase was signed up for 6u.   I dropped the ball, somewhere! 6U is still coach pitch but we wanted to play him up with his teammates from last year.  I was a mess.  I was SOOOO mad at myself.  Thankfully in all the confusion, Dad and Allen showed up to help with the boys.  Dad took Chase to the park and he said as they walked away Chase said, "Its ok, I didn't wanna try out anyways!" I got Colt on the field to practice and assessments started.  What should have been an hour turned into almost 3.  But, we made it.  I am so thankful my sister was able to come hang out with my mom so Allen and Dad could be there.  It was so crazy busy and in all the confusion, I was a HOT MESS!  Colt did great and Chase enjoyed running around an NOT having to do assessments!

Even better news, Mom is HOME and feeling well.  All her test came back well.   


No comments: