Thursday, December 18, 2008

I need a break...

Tomorrow is the last day of school (work) for TWO WEEKS!!! I am beyond excited! Getting back to work has been much harder than I ever thought. I have to admit, I had high hopes for this year. I figured if I had to return to work I was going to go back full of great ideas and energy. Well, as each day passes, the ideas and energy get less and less and I've really turn on the survival mode. Like I've said a million times, I do like my job but its just not the same this year. I have sweet (but very talkative) kids, supportive parents, and good friends at work but I don't have Colton. I know all of you working mommies out there understand. It stinks! This two weeks off is much needed and I'm so looking forward to it. I have my cousin and uncle in from England, and my MeeMaw and Aunt will be in right after Christmas. Zak's half brother, wife and 3 kids will be coming to Texas next week to stay through the winter. We are so excited about having so many people we love to share in Colton's first Christmas. I'm sure we are going to be exhausted once it's all said and done but we can't wait! We are planning on going to church on Christmas Eve. Then, Christmas morning we plan on getting up really early to see if Santa was good to us, because you know you're never TOO OLD or TOO YOUNG to have Santa visit. We will probably start out at my parents house and then move on to Zak's parents. We are having Christmas dinner with Zak's family since we spent Thanksgiving with my family. Colton's "half birthday" is Christmas eve. 6 months? Where has the time gone?
We hope you all have an amazing Christmas and New Year with your family and friends.

3 comments:

Amazing Greis said...

I have no doubt that Santa will definitely be good to ya'll this year. Especially little Colton. Can't wait to see all the Christmas pictures and to see all the fun stuff Colton receives when I see ya'll after the Holiday. Have a Merry Christmas and I'll see you all soon!!!!

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Thank you for my Christmas card!! Colton is so sweet :)

Jude's Mom said...

Happy Christmas.. and may Colton's 1st Christmas be as special for him as I know it will be for you!