Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Amazing Mother's Day Weekend!

I have had an AMAZING first Mother's Day and I took lots of pictures to share with you. My weekend started Saturday morning when these two handsome twins decided to take me on a shopping spree at the outlet mall. After shopping Zak took me to Tony's Pizza on Jones road. Its been his favorite pizza place for quite some time and he is always telling me how great it is and it was as good as hes always said. After pizza, we ran some errands together, relaxed at home a little while and then met my parents and Becky for dinner at Bjs Brewhouse to celebrate Mother's Day.

Here is a picture of Colton, this morning, with all the clothes I got on my shopping spree. He's holding the sweet card he and Zak gave me this morning.

After seeing a floral arrangement a friend made for a secretary at work, I was inspired. I put these together for our moms and really enjoyed getting creative, although it was much harder than I expected and they didn't turn out anything like I envisioned.

For Zak's mom...aka...Grandma
For my mom ...aka...Nanny

This morning, Zak and Colton let me sleep in. After Colton's breakfast they came in to get me with a sweet card and lots of cuddles. Zak planned a picnic for the three of us. He packed the picnic basket with all of my favorite goodies and we headed to the park by Labay Middle School. It was awesome! We found lots of shade and it was a beautiful day for a picnic.

Chef Daddy making my lunch for me!
Colton was such a sport. He sat in his stroller and played while Zak and I ate.
Then it was time to play...


It was just too hot to play at the park so we headed over to Nanny and Grandads to celebrate with Nanny.
Then it was over to Grandma and PawPaws to celebrate with Grandma.
We finished off a very special Mother's Day with blueberry pancakes at IHOP (I know we ate a lot). It was an awesome awesome 1st Mother's Day...one I know I'll never forget! I am so blessed to have such an amazing family to celebrate with and this guy...well he is the reason I got to celebrate today.


3 comments:

Tricia said...

Mmmm...Tony's. He is right. It is the best! We used to eat there everyday, when Kenny's office was in the same building.

Amazing Greis said...

Love the pictures and so glad that your day was perfect.

Happy 1st Mother's Day to one of my bestest mommy friends.

Love you all and MUST come see you all soon! My C man is getting way too big and he's going to forget me soon!

Have a great week. Not long before it's summer and your new full time job will begin!

~Holly~ said...

Happy First Mother's Day!!! :)