Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our Little Monkeys Turning ONE!


Today was Colton's First Birthday Party. It was a huge celebration with visitors from near and far. We had a great time. The only, small, problem was that the party was scheduled from 11-2. Nap time you say? Well, when the plans were made, Colton was taking two naps a day. One around 9 and one around 1. We thought 11-2 would have been a perfect time for his party but since I've been home, his schedule has changed a bit. Now a days he really only takes one nap a day usually right smack in the middle of the party time. Aside from a sleepy birthday boy and a few other sleepy kiddos, things went so well. We appreciated everyone coming. Colton had a great time!

I did a lot of planning and decorating for the party.
If you can't tell, the small pictures are his monthly pictures.

I never thought I'd be able to get three pictures with these letters but Nanny and I were persistent and they turned out better than I thought they would.

Everyone signed this book for Colton to keep.

All I can say is YUM!


LOTS of food...actually WAY too much!
Our little family!
Ready for the crowd!
(I got this shirt from Smitten and Co. I have their website on my side bar.)
Grandma and PawPaw.
Grandad, Aunt Becky, Mommy and me, and Nanny.
The ladies having lunch.
A little play time.
Lets open some presents!
Happy Birthday to you...

Lets eat some cake!
Colton enjoyed the icing but wasn't too fond of the cake part. It took him a while to get dirty but once everyone stopped watching and we gave him a smaller slice he dug in.

What a day!

After a very short nap, dinner, and a bath it was time to open up all the gifts and have a little more fun.


I have to share this with you as well. My dear friend Kellie gave me this gift for Colton's Birthday. It's a silver ring engraved with his name. How special! And look at the box she made for me to match Colton's Jungle theme!



Only THREE days until Colton's 1st birthday.
My how time flies!



4 comments:

Amazing Greis said...

Had a great time today. Can't believe the C-man is turning 1. It feels like just yesterday that he was born.

Love you guys!!!

XOXO

Kellie Staats said...

I had an AWESOME time yesterday... The food was great BTW! You did an awesome job, everything looked so cute! I agree with Greis .. I can not believe he is turning one.. How time flies..

Have a Great Fathers Day!!!!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

Happy Birthday Colton! You are such a handsome little man!

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Thank you for inviting me! It was so good to see you & your family. I can't believe Colton is already a year old (well ALMOST!). You did an awesome job with the party planning :)

Please let your friend Kelly know I would love a copy of the pic she took of you, Colton, and myself!