Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oil Ranch Field Trip

I am behind in blogs so get ready I'm catching up this week!

A couple weeks ago my class had a field trip to the Oil Ranch in Hockley. Instead of taking Colton into school I thought he'd really enjoy himself and I brought him with me. The kids (and parents in fact) are so sweet to Colton. He had an absolute blast!
"Gagies" (Tractors) one of his favorite things in the world!
His rock collection.
One of FIVE rides on the "choo-choo".
On the hayride with Ms. Mory.
Getting ready to feed the cows.
Let me tell you a funny story about this cow here. Colton was trying to throw the food at his face. I though I'd show him how to hold his hand out and feed the cow. As you can see we were sitting where there was no railing so he got right up to us. Instead of eating just the food the cow ate my entire arm. I was so startled I jumped back and out of the way and Colton just sat there looking shocked. Thankfully cows don't have top teeth so the bite didn't hurt just startled me and left my whole arm gooey. GROSS! I threw the last piece of food at him. Colton was right that's how you should feed cows!
Here we are back on the train!

2 comments:

AmazingGreis said...

So much fun! I used to love the Oil Ranch, it's been FOREVER since I've been.

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I really love reading these types or articles. I can?t wait to see what others have to say.