Sunday, January 16, 2011

HALF WAY!

I am 20 weeks pregnant this week. That means that in 20 weeks or less we will have Chase in our arms to cuddle, kiss and love on. We can not wait. In the mean time we are working on Colton's big boy room, sorting through all the junk that we need to get rid of, and trying to see what we will need when Chase gets here. It's actually all going really well. Colton's room is only coming along so slowly because I'm hesitant to get him out of his crib. He loves his crib and plays in it after a good nights sleep or a good nap. We have started talking about his big boy room and I think he is pretty excited to pass his nursery onto Chase. He keeps asking if I'll leave things in the room for Chase (like his toys). He still wants to call the baby "Baby PawPaw" but he has called Chase by his name a few times. He will tell you his nursery will be Chases room. I follow Kellys Korner and each week she tracks her pregnancy progress. I know I won't do this every week but I though I'd at least share with you what's going on at the half way point.
I love this picture, Colton wanted in on the fun with Mommy and Chase. When I look at my baby bump in this picture (and my 18 week picture) I think how HUGE I look. Both pictures were taken at the end of the day and I don't know if it was what I was wearing or what but I'm pretty sure the bump doesn't always look this big. This is about the time in my last pregnancy that I really started to show.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 20 Weeks
Size of baby: 10 1/2 oz and 6 1/2 inches long (about the size of a Red Bull can).
Total weight loss/gain: Last time I went to the Dr. (2 weeks ago) I was still loosing weight. I am down about 12-15 lbs, I think. Don't worry, I'm feeling much better recently and I know I'll start putting on weight. Everyone keeps telling me how great I look, and while I appreciate that, it stresses me out because I know the weight gain is coming.
Gender: Its a BOY...Chase Ryan
Movemet: All. The. Time. I started feeling movement around 15 weeks and Chase is a mover and shaker. I feel the movement very low this time. I think that's just because I've felt the movement so early this pregnancy.
Sleep: I haven't slept well since 7 weeks (and I know its only gonna get worse). My tummy was so tight and painful in the beginning and now I have a little bump so there's no sleeping on my tummy.
What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy.
Cravings: ice cream...mostly Marble Slab.
Symptoms: The first 15 weeks were tough with morning sickness and exhaustion. I'm feeling better now but my back and tailbone are starting to hurt. I also spend most of my day running to the restroom to pee. (TMI ...sorry) I can only imagine how bad this will be as Chase grows. And, I'm pretty sure I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions once or twice a day. Not too sure about that but they are very very uncomfortable. I'm going to talk to the Dr. about that one.
Best Moment this week: Feeling Chase kick. Knowing he is in there and moving around is such an amazing feeling.
I can't believe we're half way there. This pregnancy is going by so much faster than the first. I know exactly why, I have some who keeps me busy 24/7. I can't wait to hold my little man and introduce him to his big brother!

3 comments:

Lauri said...

You definitely look great! I love the baby bump but I never seem to see it in person. I can't believe you're halfway there already. I also had the Braxton Hicks very early on with my 2nd baby, and they turned into REAL contractions soon after so keep a check on them!

AmazingGreis said...

Wow, half way, already?!? That's just nuts! You look fabulous. I need to come see ya'll, it's been too long!! I'm out of town this weekend, but I'll call you when I get back so we can plan something! XOXO

Leah J. said...

Oh, that precious belly!!! Love this post!!