Friday, February 18, 2011

A Princess in Heaven


Yesterday, one of my closest and dearest friends, Kellie, got the news that no parent should ever have to hear. Her sweet 4 month old baby girl, Madison Paige (Maddie), went to play with the angels. Her passing was totally unexpected and is still a bit of a mystery. You can read more about it on Kellie's blog (see my side bar). I spent some time with Kellie, her husband and their family at the hospital yesterday and I can't imagine what they are going through. My heart is so broken I can't focus on a single thing except sweet Maddie. Kellie has been an amazing friend to me in the 4 years we've know each other. Shes one of those friends you know you can always count on whether its for a surprise Starbucks or a shoulder to cry on. In this horrible time of need I wish I could take away some of her pain but I know I can't do that so I'll just stand by her side and do whatever I can to help her know she (and James, her husband) are so very loved.

Sweet Little Princess Maddie,
I so enjoyed having you here on earth with us. I loved your perfect little round head and that sweet smile you gave me the last few times I saw you. I loved the precious outfits your momma dressed you up in each day with matching bows and socks. I loved your cuddles and to watch you devour a bottle. You were a perfect little princess here on earth and I know you are now a perfect little princess with God. You will never be forgotten. Watch over your mommy and daddy and your grandparents and keep them safe as their special Guardian Angel.
Love you,
Catherine

4 comments:

AmazingGreis said...

Cat - I am so sorry! My heart and love go out to Kellie and her husband and to you!!!

If you need ANYTHING please let me know...I'm always here for you!!

XOXO

Leah J. said...

Oh, Cat! I'm in shock over this! You are such a precious friend. Kellie will need you like never before in the months to come. Praying peace over Kellie and her husband and praying for you ... helping a friend through a tragic time is difficult. You know we've been through a similar (yet very different at the same time) loss. Call or email if you ever need to. And, please let Kellie know the same.

Simply Me said...

I just found her blog and left her a comment. What a blessing to have friends like you in their lives. I hope they are staying as strong as can be.

kateandkylie.com

amy said...

oh my goodness. unbelievable... so heartbreaking. praying for kellie and her husband for a peace that passes all understanding. praying that the lord show you ways to encourage your friends.