Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving with MeeMaw

Last week we celebrated Thanksgiving in Idalou Tx. With my MeeMaw and the Harrison side of the family.  For as long as I can remember we've traveled up to Idalou for Thanksgiving. It is one of my most favorite places on Earth.  We enjoyed celebrating with my MeeMaw and just being there with her.  She's 92 years young and has had some health issues the past year but is one of the strongest women I know.  She really is an inspiration to us all.  She has an amazing attitude about life and how you live it.  She doesn't let anything slow her down.  I hope one day I can be half the lady she is. 

This trip was Chases first vacation and road trip.  We spent about 18 hours in the car,round trip and he did great.  (So did big brother thanks to a DVD player.) Colt, Chase and I drove up on Sunday with Nanny, Grandad, and Baa and Zak and Sadie joined us on Wednesday.
We had lots of family time, relaxed, enjoyed each others company. 
There were a  few minor disasters (plumbing issues), and a few minor meltdowns from a certain 3 year old,
 but lots to celebrate.  Thanksgiving, Micheal and Kenzies engagement, my 32nd Birthday and Chases 6 month birthday.
We ate lots,  shopped lots, slept a little and enjoyed every second of our time there. 

Here is our week in pictures.  They are backwards, sorry.























Photobucket

No comments: