Sunday, August 5, 2012

5 kiddos 2 mommas

Last Sunday, we went to the swimming pool with my cousin and her kids.  She invited us to take a road trip up to Idalou with her to stay with her parents and see Meemaw. We had nothing much going on so we packed up and headed out at 4am Tuesday morning.
5 kiddos 2 mommas.
 We were packed into Kelly's car like sardines with aGator strapped to the back.  This, is how the girls had to get in and out. 
 As soon as we got there we went straight to Meemaws.  The kids took over immediately and made themselves right at home.
 Meemaw had a bag of candy for the kids and Chase loved playing in it. 
The kids had so much fun at MiMi and Jerrys.  They always have so much fun stuff for the kids to do. 
The pool was a huge hit.
 Playdough
 Nail time. (Colt was the only one who didn't get his toes painted ;))
 For snack, MiMi had a tea party for the girls.  You know the boys joined in too.  She served them and they just had the best time!
 We went to Mr. Gatties for dinner one night and the kids had a blast!
 Colton and Barrett couldn't have cared less if there was money in these games.  They were racing!

 Chase and B wrestling.
 The tea party was such a hit we had Meemaw over the next day for lunch and had a lunch tea party.  MiMi let Colton put sugar in his apple juice!
The kids played so hard.  One night Colton was just sitting on the couch, talking away.  I went into the kitchen for maybe 30 seconds and came back to this.
Other nights, he and Barrett wanted to party like rock stars!


We went into Lubbock and did some shopping one day. Meemaw got all the kids first day of school clothes and after all that shopping we had to stop and ride some rides.

Each night, while the kids played at MiMi and Jerrys, Kelly and I (and sometimes Chase) went and hung out with Meemaw.  It was something I'll never, ever, forget.  We had some quiet time to just sit and reminisce.  It was the most special time.  Meemaw is the most incredible kind woman.  She is a blessing to every single person who meets her and she is an inspiration to me.  I love her with all of my heart and I cherish every single memory we have.  She maked me laugh and smile with memories of  PapwPaw and my dad as a kid. 


 Being in Idalou has always been one of my favorite places to be.  It's a place filled with so much love.  My boys (and Zak too) love it just as much as me and that makes me so happy.  All the time, out of nowhere, Colton will say, "Lets go to Lubbock."   
 I mean...where else can you ride on the back of a tractor with your 9 and 7 year old  cousins driving?



 This is something I'll always remember.  Chase LOVED THESE MINTS.  L.O.V.E.D.
One day I caught Meemaw breaking them up and sneaking them to him and he was addicted!
Anyways, Colton gets shy with greetings and goodbyes.  I told him if he'd hug and kiss Meemaw good bye he could have a peppermint. He did. So, he earned his peppermint.  Chase heard me and even though I wasn't talking to him, he thought it applied to him too. He walked around, stretched up to Meemaw for a kiss, then walked over and grabbed the mint box.  He handed the box to me and looked at me like, open it.  It made us all laugh.  He maybe small but he's not dumb!
 We sure had a great time.  Like all of my trips up there, it is one I will never forget!


 
 
Photobucket

No comments: