Friday, September 4, 2015

Day #1 - No Kids

Today, I walked into school as a mom.  I dropped Chase off and I walked out kid-free.  I should have felt happy, happy to have a few minutes to my self.  Today is the first day, since becoming a mom, that both my kids are at school and I'm not! But, it was so bittersweet  And, it hurt.  I was sad.  I missed my guy.  I hate that they are growing up so fast!  Deep down, I know that it's not Fridays that I'm sad about. I can do a few hours away, alone.  Its next year.  Next year, I'll put both boys on the bus each morning and I'll be kid free for 8 hours.  I'm sure there will be days it will be glorious but I know it's going to hurt.  I'm a stay at home mom.  What am I suppose to do with out a buddy at home with me?!?!?!  Next year, we will have hit a new phase of life.  No more playdates, and helpers around the house, no more buddies shopping with me.  Just two BIG BOYS off to school, leaving momma.  
Enough of that, I have the next year to enjoy every moment!  Chase absolutely adores school, his class and his teachers.  And, Kellie is taking good care of me too.  She knew how hard this day was for me and she checked on me all day long and sent me LOTS of pics. 






Photobucket

No comments: