Tuesday, August 26, 2008

EXCITING NEWS!!!

On the night of Colton's 2 month birthday he slept ALL night long and has slept through the night the past two nights as well!!! Only one problem...He has been sleeping in his swing and not his bed. I feel like we are creating a monster! I foresee this habit being very hard to break. I've heard about a book called The Happiest Baby on the Block, it's suppose to be wonderful, it teaches you the 5s's of calming your baby. A friend from work swears by it. I am hoping it will give me some ideas to help Colton sleep through the night in bed. I know he is ready to sleep through the night. The past few weeks he has been going to bed around 11 or 12 and getting up around 2 or 3. When he wakes up for that middle of the night meal its only a snack. He eats very little and is right back to sleep. The second part of the night I always put him in his swing and he sleeps another 4-5 hours. When I put him down in his bed I feel like he doesn't get a very good night sleep. He fidgets and moves around so much while he's sleeping that he wakes himself up. Until I can get out to get the book bring on the swing! Life is a lot easier with a good night sleep and mommy is so much more fun! Any ideas or tricks from fellow mommies would be much appreciated!

**Mommy update...
It's been 4 days since my surgery and I am feeling better. It is taking me a little longer to recover than I thought it would. I am still having a little trouble lifting Colton or holding him close to my stomach or right side. I am so grateful to my parents, Zak's parents, and my amazing husband for all of their help. Zak took over baby duty and has done an amazing job with Colton. He has had to juggle taking care of a two month old, a very sore mommy, his new position at work, and all of the house work. I know he's exhausted but it doesn't show, he just keeps going and going. I have really enjoyed seeing him with Colton. I think they have really bonded over the past few days. I go back to the Dr. on the 8th for my Post Op visit. I am looking forward to putting this behind me and moving on. I'm ready to be back to my normal healthy self. I've been pregnant or sick for the last year!

5 comments:

Amazing Greis said...

Hang in there. You'll be better before you know it. I'm so glad Colton is sleeping good, even if it is in his swing. Hope to see you all soon!

Tricia said...

Jill NEVER slept in her crib. EVER. She slept in careseats, my bed, wherever, until she was ready for a big bed. She just hated the crib. The problem was that I was so happy to get some sleep that I wasn't willing to try to correct it. Horrible...I know!

Kellie Staats said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! I have nothing to tell you about Colton.. hahaha... But hes a cutie!!! :) Miss you!!!

Leah J. said...

Wow! I was way behind on reading your blog! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better! I know I've told you this before ... but, Casen pretty much slept in his swing most of the night for at least 4 months! We went through batteries like CRAZY! Now he sleeps just fine in his crib! Just do what you can to make sure everyone gets sleep right now :) All of a sudden Colton will just be over the swing and ready for the bed. We read BabyWise and the book on the Ferber Method (can't remember the name) ... both were great!

Renner Romig said...

Girl! Don't you worry at all about Colton sleeping in the swing...just do it! :o) I know it may seem like a bad habit to start but it will all work out for you. I had to do that for an entire week a month ago because Renner's congestion was so bad that sleeping elevated was the only way for him to breathe well. I can say that once Colton is old enough to sleep on his tummy that may help him to sleep in his crib. Renner sleeps well now in his crib because it seems that he snuggles with the mattress when he's on his belly. Anyway...do what comes natural to you. You're doing a GREAT job!