Sunday, August 10, 2008

Newborn No More!!!


Colton has hit a major growth spurt over the past week and has grown out of his newborn clothes and most of the 0-3 outfits. I have to say I'm sad, very sad, he is no longer that skinny tiny little baby we brought home from the hospital. He is growing into quite a little man! I am not sure how much he weights now but about a week and a half ago ( 7/29) he was 9lbs and 21 1/2 inches long. I know he is filling out and chunking up but he is growing in length by the minute. At the beginning of the week he was eating every 1-2 hours and now, thankfully, he has slowed down a bit and is eating every 3 hours or so. He is growing like a little weed. Yesterday I put him in my favorite newborn outfit one last time and by the end of the day we had unbutton the bottom. So, sadly, that outfit is being washed, ready for the next little one. (In many many years!) Colton will be 7 weeks old on Tuesday (8/12).

Last weekend Colton got to meet with some of Zak's best friends from high school for the very first time. Aron and Lisa were in town from California so we all met at Dan and Phyllis' house to celebrate their arrival and Phyllis' birthday. This was Colton's first "party" and he did great! He got so much love from everyone there and slept through most of the evening. I thought I'd share some of the pictures with you guys (all we needed was Josh to round out the high school crowd.) ENJOY!
Aron with our little family

Ford and Colton

Love this picture... We think Colton has very large feet for his size but nothing like Mr. Ford!!!

Grammy Phyllis (Arons Mom)

4 comments:

Amazing Greis said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much he has grown. He doesn't have that baby look anymore. He's still as CUTE as ever!!!! Can't wait to come and see you all again. Hopefully soon!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

This makes me want to cry. I so badly wish that we lived closer. He is such a sweet little peanut! I really miss you guys!

Leah J. said...

It is so sad to start putting outfits away, huh?! How fun that C got to meet Zak's H.S. friends! Ben and I have pushed our trip to H-town to September. Regardless, I will call you once we get it planned.

amy said...

cute, cute, cute!!! i CAN'T wait for my girls to be here!