Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I can't believe it but...

...it's about time to baby proof the Day household!
Colton pulled himself up on the coffee table yesterday at Nanny and Grandad's house. (I'm so sad because I missed it!) He still hasn't started to crawl but I'm pretty sure hewill figure it out ANY day now! I've been dreading this part for some time now and always thought I had plenty of time but goodness how time flies. So, today after work, I'm going home to organize. This weekend we are going to buy all of the safety gadgets we may need to TRY to keep Colton out of trouble.
So, I need your help, again...
What was the best baby proofing thing you have done? What worked? What didn't work? What did you never think of that you should have?

Oh yeah, and on a side note, we changed up Colton's feeding schedule and things are going great! See, I had nothing to worry about!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Honestly, I have never done a whole lot in the way of baby-proofing as far as purchasing products. I did things like move objects at their level that aren't safe to a different place. I closed doors or blocked off places I couldn't easily supervise. The only real thing I bought was a lock for the cabinets under the kitchen sink where the cleaning supplies are.

We have always functioned here with the notion that the kids need to learn to live in their environment. It has worked so far.

Good luck! Mobile babies take life to a whole new level of excitement. :P

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the baby proofing! I hope people are able to give you some good suggestions. :)