Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Blessings

This long Easter weekend has been so wonderful and so needed. Zak and I always have so much going on and so much to do around the house. We took this weekend to enjoy family and time together. Here is our weekend...In Pictures!
On Friday, I was 34 weeks pregnant. It's going so fast. I feel like the past couple of weeks have gone really well. I think Chase moved positions because I'm not as uncomfortable (pain wise) anymore. I am starting to feel very large. I can no longer see my feet, I have trouble catching my breath and I always have a foot on the right side of my ribs. Chase gets hiccups everynight between 8 and 9PM and I love knowing hes in there but I have to say the hiccups feel so weird. More weird than I remember with Colton. Chase seems so much lower, maybe thats why. One things that's getting very hard to do, that make me so sad, is rock and cuddle with Colton. It's just hard, there's not enough room for all three of us. I went to the Dr. last Wednesday and everything was looking good. I've sort of lost count of how much I've gained I'm still a little under my start weight, but I'm gaining. Chases heart beat was 138 BPM. I go back in a week and a half and start my each week visits. Its getting close!!! (I'm hoping to talk to Zak about putting the bassinet, swing and pack and play together this week. And, I may or may not already have mine and Chases Hospital bags packed.:))


After a day of being lazy and hanging out at home, Friday night Grandad came over to babysit (Baa joined in just a bit later) so Zak and I could have a much needed Date Night.



Zak and I headed to one of our favorites, PF Changs. After dinner and a little window shopping we went to Dessert Gallery for the best desserts we know.



Saturday morning we got up and headed out to meet Kellie for Maternity Pictures. Shes an amazing photographer who's decided to not waste another day not doing the things she loves after losing her sweet Maddie. We were her first "real" photo shoot and we are so lucky she chose us. I would have never done Maternity pics if she hadn't talked me into it. These will be something we will always cherish! From what I've seen so far, she did an amazing job. Here are two of my favorites. I think I'm going to frame these two and hang them in Chases nursery. (More to come in a Maternity Shoot blog soon.)







After the shoot we made a quick stop at JCPennys so Colton could pick out a toy to give to Chase after he's born. He picked out this orange and yellow giraffe. He loved on it all the way home and we talked to him over and over about it being Chases present. I'm not sure if he really understood but the Giraffe has been put away for safe keeping 'til Colton meets his baby brother.



After a very long nap, We went over to Nanny and Grandads for an early Easter dinner. Just after we got there Nanny and MiMi arrived in from Lubbock. MiMi brought an Easter basket from her, Jerry and Meemaw. (Thank you guys.)



Colton also got a special Easter bag from Grandad, Nanny and Baa. (Thank you as well.)



As if two Easter baskets weren't enough, Baa and Grandad set up a HUGE Easter Egg Hunt just for Colt in the back yard.



















That evening the Easter bunny came to visit!



Colton woke up at about 7:30 this morning. The Easter Bunny had left the goodies on the coffee table. When he came in to wake us up he had a smarty pack ( from MiMi and MeeMaws basket) and his new tool box in hand. He was so excited!



After an Easter breakfast of pancakes and sausage and a little playing we headed over to GaGa and PawPaws. GaGa and PawPaw also had a special basket ready for Colton. (Thank you!)



Colton loved everything in his basket but then he found the grass. He had so much fun throwing it around and stuffing it in the eggs.







GaGa made a great lunch and these special bunny cakes.




Hope your Easter was full of blessings!



2 comments:

AmazingGreis said...

Love the maternity pictures, can't wait to see the rest!! Looks like Easter was fun!

Lauri said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun-filled Easter weekend! That Colton is one lucky kid with all those Easter goodies!! Glad you had such a nice weekend and you are looking awesome!