Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Dentist and A Rain Day

The Tuesday after Memorial Day started out totally unexpected.  After a night full of rain and flooding in many areas of Houston I woke up to a phone call from the school district at 5:45 am.  I didn't answer it because I couldn't figure out what was going on.  I rolled over to find Zak wasn't in bed which meant he had slept on the couch.  I looked at my phone and had a text message from the school district and one from Amber saying school was canceled.  I was SHOCKED!  What had happened last night?!?!?  When I went to bed I knew things were a bit crazy because Beck and Allen had a lot of flooding in their area but I had taken a benadryl, because of my itchy mosquito bites, and I just couldn't stay up.  
So, in a bit of a panic I got up to find the TV blaring and Zak fast asleep on the couch.  I knew he'd been up really late because the tv hadn't gone into sleep mode.  I started to watch the news and saw just how much rain we had.  Thankfully our area was fine but other areas weren't.  I immediately thought of my sister.  Thankfully the water never made it in their house.  Had she lived in the house she was in just 6 months ago, her car would have been under water!  Chase was up very early but Colt slept till about 8:30.  When he woke up I told him he should be getting on the bus right now.  He was so confused.  When I told him school was cancelled he was over the moon.  
I had Chases first dentist visit scheduled and since our area was in good shape we loaded up Colt and headed out.  Chase did such a great job.  He was very quiet but loved the dentist.  He had chocolate tooth paste and birthday cake florid.  He was cavity free and got a good bill of health!
 We relaxed a little at home and added a few new games to the iPads then spent the afternoon enjoying the sun and snow cones!

Photobucket

No comments: