Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Day 2- Hollywood Studios

Day 2- Hollywood Studios
We started off our morning eating at Hollywood and Vine with all of the Disney Jr. characters- Jake, Sofia, Doc McStuffins and Chases favorite, the reason for picking that place, Handy Manny.  Breakfast was delicious and we loved the charctures.  Chase wasn't too sure of them and kept his distance until Handy Manny came around. After breakfast we headed into the park.  We had fast passes for Star Tours but they let us in without using our fast pass.  Something must have been wrong with the fast pass kiosk.  Then, I did something really stupid!  I wanted to change our fast passes since we didn't have to use one for Star Tours and, I deleted all of them!  I added something Elsa and Anna and another princess something or another.  NOOOOOOOO!  After a brief moment of panic I got everything back except Toy Story, which already had a 90+ minute wait.  One of the photographers told us to go ask very nicely if anything could be done. I asked a super nice supervisor what I could do and he gave us fast passes and asked us to come back after 2:30.  I hugged him.  The day was saved! :)  I calmed down and we enjoyed some rides and shows.  We did make a huge mistake that changed our trip.  We took Chase on Tower of Terror.  As a teenager, mom and I went on this ride.  I remember screaming but I didn't remember how scary it was and how many times you were dropped.  Chase literally screamed and cried the whole time.  It was awful.  We made an awful parent choice.  Chase was ruined.  He was petrified of every ride, even Toy Story.   His hesitation and frustration that we made him ride that didn't waver for the whole day.  But, we powered through! A 5 minute sprinkle didn't slow us down either! We loved watching the Indian Jones show and seeing all the behind the scene tricks and also watching Lights, Motor, Action.  Lightning McQueen even made and appearance! We had an early quick service dinner, where the kids once again ate nothing, and Chase and I rested while Zak and Colt went to ride Star Tours again.  We scored Fast Passes for Fantasmic and it was awesome!  It's a light show illuminated on sprays of water.  LOVED IT! After Fantasmic, Colt and Zak decided they needed one more ride on Tower of Terror.  Chase and I sat on the street and watched the Star Wars firework show.  Next time, NO Tower of Terror for Chase and I! 


Photobucket

No comments: