Monday, February 22, 2016

Day1- Magic Kingdom

Day 1- Magic Kingdom
For years now, I've had a dream that Zak and the boys and I were walking through the gates at Magic Kingdom.  (It's never looked like the real Magic Kingdom, but thats what it was suppose to be!)  And, since before we had kids, Zak and I have talked about a family trip to Disney.  When we walked through the gates on our first day in the parks at Magic Kingdom, I was overwhelmed.  The day was finally here.  We had made it!  MY family was in DISNEY WORLD! 
Our day was absolutely perfect.  I actually couldn't believe how smooth the day ran.  It was a little overwhelming getting our bearings and figuring out where to go and how everything worked but once we did, we were OFF! 
We started in Tomorrow Land and rode Buzz Light Year 2 or 3 times, with no line and then moved onto the Spaceship Orbiter ride, again with no line.  It was awesome!  We had fast passes we used throughout the day but for the most part, the ride lines weren't bad.  We waited no more than 30 minutes for any ride and rode some rides 2-3 times.  The boys LOVED Barnstormer in Fantasy Land. It was so fun to see the boys and Zak's excitement.  My cheeks hurt from smiling so much! We stopped for a quick lunch and sit down and headed back out for more rides. I was most excited to ride Peter Pan because I remember it as my favorite ride growing up.  It was fun, I loved that we all 4 got to ride together, but it was short! Afterwards, I stood in line for water (for a crazy amount of time) and in that time, Colt fell asleep in the stroller.  We decided to let him rest and walk around.  We found a corner of shade and planted our self.  Come to find out we stopped at an awesome place to watch the upcoming parade.  Chase fell asleep for a bit too and we woke them up just in time for the parade.  I have to say, that parade might have been one of my favorite parts of the whole trip! I loved it so much!  I saw princesses and dancing and the music was so Disney.  It couldn't have worked out better because we had no intention of watching the parade, but I'm so glad we did.  
After a rest and the parade, we were off to ride more rides!  
At 6:45 we headed up to the Beasts Castle to Be Our Guest, where we were having dinner.  It was awesome!  Zak and I enjoyed dinner, the boys not so much.  But they were both so tired and it was later than our usual dinner time (and to be honest, they didn't enjoy many meals.  I think it was a combination of exhaustion, excitement and not loving the food!).  When we arrived we saw the Beast come in and Chase hated it.  In his defense, he was HUGE!   I think he worried the whole dinner that he would come to our table.  He didn't of course.  After dinner Colt and I went to meet him.  Colt thought it was so funny when he covered up his eyes for a picture.  The staff was so excellent, they helped us entertain Chase so we could all get a picture with him. 
We headed back to the hotel after dinner for some much needed rest!


Photobucket

No comments: