Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What a talent!

One afternoon, I noticed Colton had on new socks when I pick him up at Nanny's. I thought it was weird that he would have on different socks but the same outfit. Nanny wasn't quite sure what was going on but she said one sock got very very wet during the day so she changed them. Could it be that his diaper some how leaked? Just on his sock, no??? Could something have been dropped on that foot? We talked about how he might be chewing on his feet but the sock was REALLY wet and mom hadn't noticed his feet in his mouth? Well, we were right...Zak and I have a very talented son. His new favorite chew toy... HIS FOOT! Who needs teething rings or binkis when you have a perfectly good toe right there! Colton thinks thumbs are overrated!
Colton wakes up most mornings very happy, he just talks away and plays in his crib. A lot of mornings I'll go in and see him just happy as can be with his toes in his mouth like, "Look mama what I found in my bed!" It's so hilarious. I guess a lot of babies do this but it makes us laugh. And, he really only likes the right foot. I guess the other leg is just not as flexible, its fun to watch him try to get the left foot in his mouth! :)

I have to leave you with this picture of Colton. I snapped it yesterday morning while he was laying in our bed waiting for us to get ready. Zak bought him this alligator when I was pregnant and gave it to him in the hospital the day he was born. It stays by his changing table and he loves on it in the mornings while we get ready for the day.
Oh...How our little man has grown!!!

4 comments:

Amazing Greis said...

Too cute!

Tricia said...

I was just telling Sheri yesterday about how Jill used to suck her big toe! Even to this day she still talks about it, and attempts to suck her toe. Cute with babies, gross with seven-year-olds! See what you have to look forward to.

Kellie Staats said...

Awww!!!! He is so cute! I want to see him again!!! Colton is VERY talanted!!! :)

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

That alligator isn't so big anymore!