Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FIRST first day!

His bags were packed
He posed for a picture with mommy.
Before it was time to leave, daddy gave him a little pep talk about how to act and what school would be like.Daddy helped him get all of his things together. And, he was ready to head out the door for his FIRST first day of school!Mommy of course insisted on more pictures.


He enjoyed breakfast in mommy's class when we got to school.
And, headed straight into his FIRST first day of school with Ms. Shirley and Ms. Leslie.
He put his lunch box away in his cubby.
And continued to play while mommy snuck away.
I was told there were waves of sadness and crying in the morning but that he had a great time playing outside, ate most of his lunch, and even took a short nap!
Through out the day I peeked in on him and he was always doing great. As soon as he saw me at the door to pick him up he started crying and came straight to me with the biggest hug.
I'd say his FIRST first day was a success and I know it'll only get better!
He didn't want to leave the building, he wanted to stay at "cool". When I asked him if he wanted to sleep at school he just said "map-map" (nap-mat). I guess that was a yes!
My first day of teaching Pre-K was awesome. In fact, it was my 7th first day of school and it was by far the BEST! The kids are all so sweet. My co-teacher is phenomenal. All in all the day just ran so smoothly.


2 comments:

AmazingGreis said...

So, so happy that the day went GREAT for the both of you!!! Wishing you both many more FUN days ahead. See you soon! XOXO

GDiddy said...

Man! That is a cute kid!