Saturday, March 19, 2011

Zube Park

This morning we packed up a picnic and headed out to Zube Park in Hockley. I'd heard about this fun place many times before but we'd never been able to go. With Colton's fascination with trains it was a perfect place to be! We got there at about 9:45 and the line was already pretty long for the train ride. I went to snap a picture of Daddy and Colt and realized I left the battery charging in the kitchen. They headed into line and I headed home to grab the battery. (I couldn't go with out a camera.) When I got back I watched and watched for Zak and Colton to get off a train, taking pictures of every train that passed thinking they'd be on it. After about 5 or 6 trains I realized they were probably still in line. I looked up at just the right time and saw them getting on the train. Without even thinking I ran up to them and jumped on with them...OPPPS! The train ride was great and Colton loved it! After the ride, we walked over to see the model trains and then had a picnic lunch. Colton decided he'd rather have one last ride than go on the playground. We got in the line again and by this time he was getting so tired. He even told me, "Mommy I so seepy." After a long wait and a few fits we enjoyed one last ride and headed home. It was a perfect morning to enjoy the Spring weather. As we were about to get off the last train ride Colton told us, "We bring Chase here." I think that's a sign of a good time.









(Colts showing off his rocks here.)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Look like so much fun. I am glad you posted these pics. I always wanted to take Austin there but after seeing the train there is no way in the world he would be able to ride. Colton is getting so big.