Sunday, May 17, 2020

Week #9



Week 9....
Are we still in quarantine, Im not sure?  The official Stay At Home order has been lifted.  Stores are opening up and people are out.  A LOT of people are OUT! So I guess it's not the end of week 9 quarantine but end of week 9 pandemic.  A month or two back I though this would kind of pass and all of a sudden we'd be back to normal.  Unfortunately, I think our "normal" is going to look a lot different for the for seeable future. And I hate it! 
We're still being REALLY careful.  Zak and I are getting out a bit more but we are very cautious, well I am.  He says he is but I know he's only washing his hands because he doesn't want to hear me.  He's still working from home and will for quite a while.  We don't take the boys out in public.  And we're still not going out socializing, much.  We did celebrate Addy this week and with much hesitation, I let the boys go swim at a close friends house.  I worried the whole time but it was so good to get out.  And Colton told me it was so good to be out at least 20 times.  Aside from two bike rides and front yard visits with the grands, this was their first time out. 
We started the week with Mothers Day.  It was such a nice relaxing day. I got to talk to my momma.  Zak worked on the trailer and  wouldn't let me lift a finger.  We went to the local HighSchool to watch the war planes fly over. The weather was beautiful and we ordered dinner from a local italian place and ate outside.  
This week was full of more staying at home.  School work.  Room rearranging.  Kitchen painting.  Outside time.  And, Zak and I went to our first store together in months! Wednesday we had to go up to the school to pick up the boys items that were left at school.  It was heart breaking.  I hate that this is the way we leave the year. The cafeteria was full of 1,200 brown bags full of school items,  papers, memories, art,  and supplies.  We waved to some of the stuff and the boys held up a sign in the back of the truck that made me tear up.  This sure will be something we all remember. 







Photobucket

No comments: