Wednesday, September 24, 2008

3 months old!

( Beware...This blog is long! Sorry about that! I just want to include everything so I can go back and remember. )

Wow I can not believe how fast this time is going! (I know I say this every month.) Colton is 3 months today. This morning he was so patient with me during our little photo shoot. He is learning to love the camera! I got him all dressed up and ready to go, I propped him up on the couch and before I could get the first picture in, he spit up all over his outfit! :) I decided not to change him for the picture because that's typical Colton,typical baby I'd imagine, plus you can't tell in the pictures.

Here are some of the things he's been up to this last month...
He now weighs 12 lb 5.5 oz

He is talking up a storm. At night we put him in his bouncy chair while we eat dinner and he just talks and talks. He also loves to talk to the singing star on his baby Einstein mat, it's his best friend.

He has started laughing when we play. He loves peek-a-boo and being bounced in his bouncer.

He loves to lay on his back and play. He kicks and "dances".

He really doesn't like tummy time but he can still roll over and he can still hold his head up at a 90 degree angle.

Just recently, he started squealing with happiness. I have to say this is the best sound I have ever heard!

He cries occasionally, but he seems to "scream" at you when he wants something instead of really crying.

He sits with support. He loves to sit in his bumbo but I feel like it's still a lot of work for him so he doesn't stay in it too long.

Music will calm him down anytime anywhere.

He can put weight on his legs when he is held up right.

He holds his head up very well.

He loves to cuddle and rock.

He has his fist in his mouth at all times if he doesn't have a binki.

On occasion, he will keep his head level with his body when he is pulled up to a sitting position.

He is not napping as much during the day. He sleeps when we get in the car and he will always fall asleep if we are cuddling and rocking but I think if we played all day he would be very happy...and AWAKE!

He loves to read. His Favorite book right now is Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal.

I thought he might be teething last week but I'm just not sure. I think he was just going through regular baby stuff. The little bit of fussiness he had has gone away. We have the teething rings in the freezer and teething tablets and Tylenol ready when he is. ( I did talk to his Dr. about it and she said it is extremely rare for a baby to cut teeth this early. She said she would only be concerned with his symptoms if he had a loss of appetite. His appetite has been pretty much the same and his mouth doesn't seem to bothering him as much so I guess all is well...for now.)

I have noticed lately that he wants to be held more than he use to. I have probably spoiled him a little because we spend a lot of time rocking and cuddling. Whenever I am not doing anything around the house I sit with him and we talk and sing and I usually rock him while I watch TV. I am trying to get him to be able to calm himself without always being picked up. If only we could figure out how to keep that binki in his mouth. He moves his arms around so much that he is always knocking it out. He also likes to play a little game with us. He spits his binki across the pack and play or just out of his mouth and fusses to see if we will put it back, just to do it again 10 seconds later and laugh! I have heard many people (Dr. included) say that you can't spoil a baby. I've hear that you cant spoil a newborn. I've also heard, that up to 6 months, a baby can't be spoiled. I do not agree with 6 months. Colton is becoming very spoiled when it comes to being held. I just have such trouble not loving on him every second I can.


I am sure there are so many other little things that Colton is doing that I don't even realize are milestones. He impresses me so much each and every day. We do have the occasional hectic, hard, frustrating day but all in all he is a very happy content baby with a pretty laid back personality. He definitely has his daddy's personality and not his mommy's. The past three months have really been a challenge for me (a good challenge). It is hard adjusting to life with a little one. I have always liked to be in control of situations. I need to know where I'm going and when I should be there and I am always on time. I have learned, very quickly, that Colton is now in charge of plans and timing! In the past months Colton has taught me how to slow down and enjoy things a little more. I try very hard to enjoy the moment and not worry about what is going to happen next. These moments pass way too quickly. I know now that I probably WON'T be on time, I may be covered in spit up, and I may be exhausted by the time I get there, but I'll get there eventually! I know that Colton's needs come before anything that I do. I love him so much and wouldn't have it ANY other way!

Happy 3 months baby boy!

4 comments:

Amazing Greis said...

Aww, happy 3 month birthday Colton! Can't wait to come and visit. Hopefully sometime next week. I'll call you!

amy said...

Oh my goodness- what a big boy! CUTE!!

Ginger @ GReads! said...

you're an awesome mommy ♥

Tricia said...

I am pretty sure there is no way to spoil a baby. You can however, spoil a mommy. 'Cause you get all used to the cuddling, then they grow up and get mad when you try to kiss and cuddle them.