Thursday, June 2, 2011

Handsome Little Man

On May 25th, the afternoon after Chase was born, we had his pictures taken in the hospital. They turned out great. We are so in love with this handsome little man.




























A little Update.




Today is daddy's second day back at work. Things are going surprisingly well. My mom came over for most of the day yesterday and it was so so so nice to have her company but things went so smooth all day I know we could have done it on our own. I did get a chance, during Colton's nap while nanny cuddled Chase, to run to Walmart and Target to get a few baby items but I was only gone about 30-40 minutes. Today we have been on our own all day. This morning started out a little tough. I was very tired after getting about 5 hours of broken sleep. Chase slept in til about 8:30 when big brother woke him up but Colton was up at about 7 am. (I had just got back to sleep after a 5:30 feed when Colton got up.) After daddy left for the day and I had a cup of coffee I was ready to tackle the day. Even though it was tough to get up when Colton got up it was so nice to have a little time with just him. Chase is doing so well. He is so laid back. The past day or two he seems to want to eat a little more frequently (every 2 hours or so). He is also awake more often and wants to be held a little more. Not a problem for me. I love holding him and loving on him. We spent a lot of time playing in Colton's room this morning and hanging out with big brother. I even did some dishes and a load of laundry. Colton and I havent gotten out of our Pjs much since daddy went back to work but thats okay, Chase goes through enough outfits in a day for both of us! This after noon all three of us ate lunch together and now both boys are down for a nap (something I thought may never happen). We're waiting on Gaga, PawPaw and Nana to stop by this afternoon and then it'll be time to have daddy home. We sure do miss him during the day but things are going so much smoother than I ever imagined. I was an absolute mess with Colton and he was a very laid back baby as well. I guess that just comes with the confidence of number 2.




I love being a mommy more than ever and I honestly feel so complete. I love having "the boys" with me. Once we decide to venture out of the house I know we have lots of adventures ahead of us.




*Special THANK YOU


to everyone who has come to vist, brought us a meal, and sent thoughful presents. We love you guys and appreciate it all more than you'll ever know!

1 comment:

AmazingGreis said...

Love the pictures!!! Glad things are going well! Can't wait to see ya'll again!