Sunday, June 22, 2008

Just the two of us!

Well, again, I was very anxious to get through this weekend but it ended up being one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. I just can't wait to see what Monday will bring. Zak and I just hung out and relaxed all weekend. Yes...RELAXED! Friday night we went out to dinner with my mom, dad and sister Becky. Then we came home and hung out on the couch watching TV all night. I had a great night sleep on Friday night and even slept in just a little bit on Saturday (till 8:30 or 9). I got up and made me and Zak low fat cinnamon rolls and we hung out talking at the table for almost an hour. We got Sadie all ready to go and went on a walk around the neighborhood. Then we went swimming at the neighborhood pool. We spent the rest of the day lounging around watching more TV and ended the day with Turkey sandwiches from Schlotzkys. YUM!!! Sunday we got up early and got a few things done around the house and went out to look at houses with my mom and dad in Towne Lake, a new neighborhood in our area. It was awesome! They are going to have a huge lake where you can ride boats and jet skis and the houses are phenomenal! We walked through the models and dreamed about one day owning something so spectacular. We came home and waited around for the cable guys. Yes, a whole story in itself. It seems this is a regular occurrence in our weekends since we have had 8 tech visits to our house in the past month month and a half. But that, like I said, is a whole not so happy story! We just finished our day with a date at Red Lobster and a trip to Babies R US where Zak picked out the softest alligator for Colton. (He is such a sucker for buying him things! Even worse than me!) We are home now and I needed something to do to keep me busy. :) So...lucky you, got to read this blog about our weekend that probably sounds mundane to you but was wonderful for me. We don't usually get to have a weekend where neither of us have anything to go and do. I'm sure things are about to change drastically so it was awesome to just sit back and relax. My fingers are still crossed that we will be able to go in tomorrow and have Colton. I don't want a let down so Im trying very very hard not to worry about it (although I'm sure Ill be devastated if they don't call in the morning to tell us to come in.) Hopefully this will be my last post before Colton comes. I think I'm off to repack the bags! :) I hope your weekend was as great as mine!!!!

3 comments:

Leah J. said...

It is so special that you guys got to have such a relaxing weekend and spend so much time together! It WILL all change when Colton arrives! :) But, you will love every sleep-deprived minute of it! I HOPE Colton makes his arrival tomorrow! Thinking of and praying for you guys!

~Holly~ said...

Hang in there Catherine! I know you are super antsy for Colton to get here. :)

Tricia said...

I am glad you got a relaxing weekend. See..it was a good thing he didn't come this weekend!