Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Month 9


Colton with his very chunky cheeks!!!!

Well, Its June (baby month) and schools out for SUMMER!!!! YIPPIE! I wont be returning back to work until Nov. 11th! That sounds so far away now but I know as soon as our little man is here it will come too fast! I have a few classes I am trying to take this summer to keep me busy, and not shopping, and also to get some professional development hours before Colton is here. Other than that I am just waiting around for the little guy to make his grand entrance. The bags are packed, the nursery is ready (still minus a mattress), all of his laundry is done folded and put away, the house is as organized as its going to be, bassinet and playpen put together, and the car base in the car! I even washed all of the bottles and binkies only to find out that they need to be washed and sanitized before we give them to him. WHO KNEW!!!
I had my 36 week check up today. It went really well. Dr. Kirkman said I am 1cm dilated and 75% effaced. She said this means the baby could be here any day or stay in there and cook for a few more weeks. She was pretty sure that he would be early. MUSIC to my ears!!! Coltons heartbeat is 148 bpm. I also had an extra ultra sound today because at our last US (32 weeks) the baby was measuring quite big and they predicted he was about 4lbs 9 oz. Dr. Kirkman also wanted to make sure the baby was growing as he should since I havent put on any weight since 26 weeks. Colton ended up measuring right around 36 weeks and 6lb 6oz. I am still 5 lb. under my prepregnancy weight.
For those of you who dont know I was diagnosed with gallstones at week 25. Its been horrible. There is no treatment for gallstones except to have your gallbladder removed. This just wasnt possible 25 weeks pregnant so I was put on a very low fat, no dairy , bland diet. The diet has NOT been enjoyable but I have gotten use to it. I have searched high and low and found some okay snacks and meals. Ive even been out to eat a few times. Although I have not been able to order what I would have really liked its nice to eat out! (I'm still craving an ultimate cheese burger from Jack in the Box like you would NOT believe.) The pain, well its still there, but I just try to ignore it and stay active. Some days I can ignore it and some days it takes everything out of me. It is a pretty consistent pain that stays with me no matter what I eat, how I sit, or what I do. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I CAN make it! The Dr. thinks that after I give birth, and my hormones calm down, that things with my Gallbladder could go back to normal. This would be great but I have decided that I have to have it removed because I don't want to go through this pain again with baby number two.
Anyways, all in all I'm doing well. No one ever told me just HOW uncomfortable pregnancy would be but I know its going to be worth it when I get to meet my son! WOW that sounds crazy. I know what all you moms are saying...youll be begging for a break when he comes, EVEREYONE tells me this. But when he is here atleaset Ill be able to bend over with out getting winded, lay on my back/stomach, and EAT again!!!! Oh yeah and Im just waiting for all of the crazy advise random strangers will give when Im walking around with Colton. People make me laugh because they just dont think about what they say before they say it. Its amazing.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

The random stranger advice never stops. I still get it.

And? I don't care how much of a break I need now...I'll take this any day over being pregnant again!

Sheri said...

WooHoo! Welcome to the blogging world. I added you to my blog roll. :)

I am so excited for you to meet Colton. It is going to be the most amazing experience of your life.

I don't know if you are planning to breastfeed (I know you mentioned bottles in there), but if you need any help or support, let me know. You can email me at sherihennings@sbcglobal.net

Amazing Greis said...

I love the updates! And I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Leah J. said...

Catherine! YAY - a blog! I figured out how to leave a comment ... don't know what the deal was yesterday! I can't wait for Colton to be here ... if really will be the most AMAZING experience of your life! Get ready!!!