Wednesday, May 11, 2011

37 week appointment

(37 week belly shot)


Today I had my 37 week appointment at 36 weeks and 5 days. Chases heart beat was 132 bpm. This is the slowest I remember it ever being but the nurse assured me it was a good strong heart beat. I have not put on any weight since last week. Which the doctor was not concerned about. (This made me happy.) My belly was measuring at 35 1/2 weeks and I am still 1cm (and a little) dilated but she said Chase had dropped a lot. I knew he had because I haven't been feeling his feet in my ribs. I've also been able to breath and even bend over a little bit better. The pain, from what the Dr thought was scar tissue, is also much better. Over all, I am feeling okay. Sunday was a horrible day for me, as far as being uncomfortable. Now, I know it was the baby dropping and since I have felt much more comfortable. The Dr. said I would probably have pains lower now, which I am, and would start having trouble sleeping at night. Start? Since 7 weeks I've had trouble sleeping.


Now onto the exciting news. My Dr. and I discussed induction last week. I was hesitant about this for a few reasons but after a lot of thought and discussion with Zak we have decided to go ahead an induce. So...we have an induction date of Tuesday May 24th. I'll be 38 weeks and 4 days. I've decided to go with an induction for many reasons. 1. My Dr. is positive I will be ready and Chase will be too. She feels it'll be a really easy induction. I trust her 100%. 2. My Dr is going to be out of town for a few weekends here and there and Zak and I really want her there for delivery. 3. The planner in me can't say no to planning this. It will be good for everyone involved, specially Colton.


I have to admit that I left the Dr. a little down in the dumps. I was so excited we had a date but was a little worried I was making the wrong choice since I hadn't dilated anymore. But, the Dr. was really happy with how low Chase was and she said I was well on my way. I have one more Dr. visit scheduled for next Wednesday and then, hopefully, Chase Zakary Day will be here on May 24th!!!!

3 comments:

AmazingGreis said...

Yaye for having a date.

I'll be out of town again when you have him!! So my hopes of a hospital visit are out but I'll definitely be stopping by when I get back!!

I need Catherine, Zak, Colton and Chase hugs!

Kellie Staats said...

YAY I am SOOOO excited! I cant wait to meet him.

Lauri said...

Oh, this takes me back to my pregnancy with K and I was soooooo relieved and excited to be able to plan in advance. It makes things so easy especially when arranging care for Colton and getting in all your last minute to-dos before the big day. And it's even more perfect because you'll be able to finish out the school year and start your next chapter. Perfect! Congrats! Now, don't go into labor on your own before then or you'll have some disappointed preschoolers on your hands, ha! :-)