Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day from our family to yours! I guess you could say that today is Chases 1st holiday. I can't say its been filled with much excitement but it's been a really nice day. We've spent the day hanging out at home as a family.



The past week has been wonderful. Colton is doing so well as a big brother. He loves Chase so much and never walks by him without stopping to give him a kiss and say I love you.



Chase is doing really well. He's pretty laid back. The only time you hear him fuss is when you change his clothes or diaper. When he gets hungry he doesn't cry, he just opens his mouth like a little bird. As far as eating he is a champ and nursing has been 100% easier than I remember. I fed him about 30 minutes to and hour after he was born and hes been eating well ever since. The first few days he was really on schedule, he'd eat every 2. 5 to 3 hours on the dot. Now he's eating at pretty random times. When we first got home he had a tough time sleeping at night. He would eat then stay awake for an hour or two falling back asleep for about 30 minutes before a feed and between about 12 and 4am he was wide awake falling asleep for a large chunk of time at about 5 am, right before Colton got up and woke us for the day. Needless to say we didn't sleep much. Last night, the 4th night home, he did really well. I hope I'm not jinxing anything, and I know he'll change each night until he gets the hang of it, but lastnight was good. I fed him at about 11:30 and he went to sleep for about an hour and a half. Then, I fed him again and he slept afterwards for 2.5 hours. Then, I fed him one last time around 5. We both fell asleep about 5:45 and I had to wake him up at 9:30 to eat. I got up about 8:30, got myself ready and got a chance to hang out with Zak and Colt for a while. After 7 hours of broken sleep, but 7 hours none the less, I felt great. They say you should wake a sleeping baby to eat but I'm not sure how I feel about that. Chase has been eating so well. I know he won't miss a meal.



Zak and I are doing great. Last night went so well Zak even slept all night. Just getting up to help me with one diaper change. He deserved a night of sleep because Colton's keeping him on his toes while Chase and I eat and rock. I'm really feeling so good so there was no point in us both being awake. Zak goes back to work on Wednesday and I'm a little nervous about that but I know Colt, Chase and I have lots of adventures ahead of us together at home. I love them both so much and I love being with them both. I already can't imagine life with out our newest addition.

2 comments:

AmazingGreis said...

So glad things are so good! So happy I was able to see you all yesterday! Baby Chase is a doll and Colton is just such a great BIG brother!!

Lauri said...

I'm so glad to read such a great report from the Day household! You are so blessed that Colton is adjusting so well and that Chase is nursing great. And you are still looking awesome! Good luck this week when Zak returns to work!